Will most of your school buildings be empty this summer? If so, it's a great time for your custodial and maintenance staff to prepare your buildings for the new school year. Here are a few items you may want to include on your summer safety checklist:
- Perform a tactical site survey.
- Review your Emergency Response Plan and building lock down procedures.
- Take an inventory of hazardous substances and update your Safety Data Sheets.
- Check all locks on doors and windows.
- Ensure that smoke alarms and systems are working properly.
- Check to make sure all emergency exits are clearly marked and functional.
- Check the functionality of HVAC systems.
- Check to make sure walkways and entrances are passable.
Summer can also be a great time for custodial and maintenance staff to complete safety training. The SafeSchools Online Staff Training System offers over 70 Environmental courses and many are job-specific. Plus, most courses are 20 minutes or less which makes it convenient for your team. We can have your customized SafeSchools Training site set up in less than 48 hours, which means you can start assigning training to your staff almost immediately! Staff can complete their SafeSchools Training assignments from any computer with an Internet connection - from work or from home, on a schedule that's most convenient for them.
To get started with SafeSchools Training today, call us at 1-800-434-0154 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you have a great summer!
Reprinted from the School Safety Matters Newsletter published by Scenario Learning, LLC.