Navigating the world of employment law, human resources compliance, and personnel issues can present challenges for even the most seasoned human resources managers. For many of APEI’s members, the task of HR management falls on an individual whose primary duties are far outside the scope of HR. Whether you have an extensive background in HR or have oversight of the HR administrative tasks for your organization, the opportunity to consult with an HR professional can help prevent costly mistakes and potential claims.
As part of APEI’s Loss Control services, Carleen Mitchell is available to provide consultation and training on a wide variety of HR topics. These services are available to APEI members at no additional cost. Prior to joining APEI, Carleen spent 5 ½ years as the HR Manager at an Alaskan regional organization with over 200 employees. She has achieved her certifications as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) from the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) and as a Certified Professional (CP) from the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
Carleen is available to assist your organization in a number of ways, including:
- Onsite training for managers and employees regarding discrimination and harassment prevention, FLMA/AFLA/ADA administration, documentation of personnel issues, management best practices, and more.
- Personnel policy and employee handbook review.
- Email and phone call inquiries regarding employment laws.
- Employee discipline process review.
- Access to information and resources to assist your organization.
APEI welcomes suggestions on other ways we may be able to assist your organization with human resources questions and concerns. Carleen can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 907-523-9430.